On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 20:05:51 -0500, roberth...@rcn.com wrote:

> Jeffrey Bouquet writes:
>
> >  pkg today updated seamonkey, now it segfaults,
> >  every which way I try to run it.
>
>       I am running SeaMonkey 2.46_5 (compiled today) under:
>
>       FreeBSD 11.0-RC2 #0 r304729: Wed Aug 24 06:59:03 UTC 2016 amd64
>
>       .
>       So far, indistinguishable from _4.
>

>                       Respectfully,
>

>                               Robert Huff

More progress but not so encouraging.

Rebuilt the machine on which seamonkey segfaulted, to v12-CURRENT
seamonkey still segfaults
after _4 _5   [ a showstopper for the v11 OR v12 desktop on that disk ]

/usr/bin/cc segfaults, prohibiting port building
after installworld  [ a showstopper for v12 on that disk ]

pkg -vv reports v11

FreeBSD.conf
   containing FreeBSD:12:x86:32,
   containing /${ABI}/,
   containing FreeBSD:12:i386
each error out in some manner or another, making package not usable.
[a showstopper for pkg usage on that disk ]

Firefox prohibits 2 entry anywhere, so I cannot log into the forums as
jb_fvwm2 on the newer machine to inquire there, not use most any
search query containing the numeric digit(s) 2 and at least two others.
[ a showstopper for firefox usage on that disk ]

None of these 4 problems were present on Feb 4 vs by the morning of today Feb
6...