On 02/27/17 14:02, Filippo Moretti wrote:
> After a blackout caused by my wife I only get a few pkg shown with the
> command pkg info while they should be hundreds.I also get this error message
> when trying to install packages by pkg installpkg: Repository FreeBSD load
> error: access repo file(/var/db/pkg/repo-FreeBSD.sqlite) failed: No such file
> or directory(I do have a file name local.sqlite)Is there a way to recover the
> pkg database or should I reinstall the OS.Filippo

Periodic scripts do backup the package database to /var/backups/ when run.

If the only problem is the database file corruption and depending on how
old the backup DB is you could be lucky with that.

The repo database can be simply removed, pkg should download a new one.

Guido Falsi <m...@madpilot.net>