On 3/9/17 8:10 AM, Pete Wright wrote:

On 3/9/17 4:42 AM, Dexuan Cui wrote:
From: owner-freebsd-curr...@freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-
curr...@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Pete Wright
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2017 14:04
To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: input/output error @boot
On 3/8/17 10:00 PM, Dexuan Cui wrote:
For now, I suggest we should only apply the idea "reduce the size of
staging area if necessary" to VM running on Hyper-V, we should
restore the
old behavior on physical machines since that has been working for
for a long period of time, though it's  potentially unsafe.

i'd like to see the old behaviour for physical machines to be restored
as well since this has rendered my drm-next test rig broken :(

Eventually I committed 314956 for the issue:
The old behaviour for physical machines are restored.

PS, I understand usually I should put the patch on phabricator for
before it's committed, but since the issue here is critical, I
committed it
directly to unblock people first. Sorry.
Please comment on the patch if you think it needs rework  -- I hope
not. :-)

Thank you Dexuan - I will do a build today and reboot when I am home
from work tonight.  FWIW I verified that if I boot my system with in
"classic" BIOS mode I am able to load the kernel and go multi-user, so
this is probably the fix for me.

Happy to report that 314956 addresses the issue I was having with UEFI not booting. Thanks for the fix!

Pete Wright