On 03/14/2017 01:37, Mu Lichao wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to enable Intel 82599 10GbE SR-IOV VFs on FreeBSD 12-CURRENT, and
after enabled, the SR-IOV VFs can be seen by pciconf(1), but can not be seen by
lspci(1), which is installed from ports/sysutils/pciutils:
# pciconf -l | tail -2
ixv0@pci0:1:0:128:      class=0x020000 card=0x002a1fc1 chip=0x10ed8086 rev=0x01
hdr=0x00
ixv1@pci0:1:0:130:      class=0x020000 card=0x002a1fc1 chip=0x10ed8086 rev=0x01
hdr=0x00

# lspci | grep 82599
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+
Network Connection (rev 01)
01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+
Network Connection (rev 01)

After some debugging, I found that it is because of ARI. After ARI is enabled,
the slot number is always 0 and the function number can be range between 0 and
255 when reading from /dev/pci, and this breaks lspci(1).

Is it a behavior by design or not?

It is by design. See section 6.13 of the PCIe specification. I imagine lspci will need to be fixed.

Eric