:> > On the machine I'm trying to debug, a Dell Precision 410, I have:
:> > sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
:> > sio1: type 16550A
:>
:> Isn't it needed anymore to set flags 0x80 on the debug port?
:
:Yes.  That was the output from a generic kernel.  My debug kernel
:was crashing the machine.  8-)  I'm using flags 0xC0 for the debug
:kernel.
:
:__
:Justin

    Bruce's patch didn't hurt, but it didn't help my -Os crashes
    either.  I have to fallback to -O kernels, which sucks.  I
    have no clue where the problem is.

    I am able to turn DDB and INVARIANT* on again.  I haven't
    tried remote GDB debugging.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>