Dear all,

I've been attempting to run Visual Studio Code[1] in an Ubuntu 16.04 chroot. VS
Code is built using Electron, which is basically a minimal chromium to enable
building desktop applications using web technology.

While I was able to install VS Code and all its dependencies in my chroot, I'm
now stuck with the following error on attempting to run it:

    [5269:0816/001320.918234:FATAL:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(140)] Check
failed: base::UnixDomainSocket::EnableReceiveProcessId(fds[0]).

After investigating the Chromium source code, I've found that the
EnableReceiveProcessId function calls setsockopt(2) with the SOL_SOCKET level
and the option name SO_PASSCRED.  This fails because SO_PASSCRED Is not
implemented in the Linux socket compatibility layer[2].

After some googling, I've found a patch[3] from 2010 to implement SO_PASSCRED
that it seems has never been merged.  Does anyone know why, and if there are
any plans to merge it?

Thanks,

James

[1] https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode