On 10 Oct 2017, at 23:10, Oleg Ginzburg wrote:
What is your FreeBSD version? This problem reproduced on FreeBSD 12 only.
/var/empty is exist and trivial test:

I’m running r324317 on CURRENT, yes.

What arguments are you calling dhclient with?
Clearly there’s a difference between what you’re doing and what I’m doing.

I'm not sure if this fd leak (due to pidfile_remove at the end of
dhclient), nevertheless closing pid fd in my jail/FreeBSD12 before chroot
solve dhclient issue.

I would not expect an open file descriptor to be a problem, unless perhaps you’ve got an open directory and kern.chroot_allow_open_directories is unset.

Regards,
Kristof