Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> That's fine. However, this practically makes using /boot/loader
> mandatory. I still wonder if having some in-kernel interpreter wouldn't
> give us more choice, with exactly the same functionality. Of course, it
> would have to be run before any probing starts...

If you do not want to use loader, then use the "hints" option in the
config file.

What is going to get deprecated, though, is being able to userconfig
without using /boot/loader.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                Windows works, for sufficently small values of "works".