On 11/09/2017 14:52, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> Hello,
> I created two reviews to axe two features which I personally find of
> little use in modern FreeBSD.
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D13015 xlint

I just discovered that this change brakes building a pre change system
(using nanobsd scripts for example) from head.

The sources before this change expect lint to be present and actually use it

I have worked around this by commenting out xlint from the build in the
11.1 sources, since I don't need it.

Maybe simply defining LINT="" would work too. (I'll test this approach

I have no need for xlint and have no objection to it's removal, but
loosing the ability to build older source trees from head looks wrong.

Don't know if modifying older branches to cope with the lint command not
being present is a viable option.

Guido Falsi <madpi...@freebsd.org>