On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 02:54:59PM +0000, David Chisnall:
On 15 Jan 2018, at 14:49, Hans Petter Selasky <h...@selasky.org> wrote:

The "seq" utility should use two 64-bit integers to represent the 10-base
decimal number instead of float/double. And then you need to step this pair of integers.

Thanks for the hint!

As the saying goes:

Sometimes, people think 'I have a problem and I will solve it with floating
point values' and then they have 1.99999999 problems.

Well, seq(1) is about floating numbers, so at least initially using them internally would seem correct, though reading your replies I now understand it's not :-)