I tried to build the wxGTK-2.1.16 port, and noticed that
a few AC_CHECK(..) macros in the configure script
don't work.

The first header file which is not found is

because on FreeBSD systems there is no link

  /usr/include/X11 -> /usr/X11R6/include

(shouldn't there be such a link ? - i heard this is a standard)

The opengl header file <GL/gl.h> is also not found, and
the link test with "libGL" or "libMesaGL" fails too.

And shouldn't there be a line in the Makefile of the port
which shows how to compile wxGTK with opengl support ?
(it took me an hour to find out how to do this!)

So i would propose to make the following changes to the
ports Makefile:

CONFIGURE_ENV=  GTK_CONFIG="${X11BASE}/bin/gtk12-config"\

CONFIGURE_ARGS= "--with-opengl=yes"

web: http://gul.sourceforge.net