On 02/18/18 05:14, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
On 02/17/18 22:48, Warner Losh wrote:
On Feb 17, 2018 8:24 PM, "Ian FREISLICH"
<ian.freisl...@capeaugusta.com <mailto:ian.freisl...@capeaugusta.com>>
wrote:

     Hi

     Since devmatch some of my USB devices no longer get their drivers
     loaded.  It's not clear from UPDATING whether I needed to do anything
     beyond building and installing kernel and world as well as updating
     /etc.  There was reference to removing /etc/devd/usb.conf in another
     thread but its presence or lack thereof makes no difference.

I assume you've fully updated including /etc.

In as much as 'mergemaster -Ui' fully updates /etc

If you can uncomment the devd lines in syslog.conf, touch
/var/log/devd.log and reboot. Once you are up again, please send me
/var/log/devd.conf.

Assuming you mean these lines:

!devd
*.>=notice                                      /var/log/devd.log

devd produced zero logs on reboot and restart.

Can you run:

usbconfig show_ifdrv

Maybe the wrong driver captured your device?

Try running:

usbconfig -d X.Y reset

--HPS