On 05/15/18 16:48, Pete Wright wrote:

On 05/14/2018 20:35, Theron wrote:
On 05/13/18 15:44, Pete Wright wrote:
so i've done a bit more debugging on my end.  i've even installed the 11.2-BETA branch last night since 11-STABLE worked without issues about a month or so ago.

i've set "debug.acpi.resume_beep=1" and when resuming after entering an S3 sleep state the bell rings and does not stop until i do a hard reset (both with i915kms loaded and unloaded).

kinda at a loss as to how this could break both CURRENT and basically 11-STABLE.  i'm going to make a ubuntu live image and test that, my laptop is a System76 laptop that shipped with ubuntu originally.  if that is broken as well then i guess this could be a hardware issue.

ubuntu live image suspends/resumes without issue so this certainly seems to be a freebsd issue unfortunately.  i guess next step is to attempt to find a working CURRENT snapshot that does suspend/resume without issue then start looking at commits?

-pete

Returning to the original issue: complete failure to resume, rather than slowness: I am affected as well.  CURRENT r333093 worked, but r333582 fails in a manner consistent with what Pete has described, with or without drm loaded.  There have been a few commit messages mentioning ACPI in that window of history, which I will use to help me bisect when I have time.

do you think it may be due to r333150

"Merge ACPICA 20180427."

not sure if that's been merged into 11-STABLE, but it seems to touch a lot of bits that could effect suspend/resume.

I tried to revert that, but if I remember correctly, it didn't matter. I have to do a new test though, when I have more time.
Regards
--
Niclas