Quoting Slawa Olhovchenkov <s...@zxy.spb.ru> (from Mon, 28 May 2018 01:06:12 +0300):

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 09:41:59PM +0200, Kirill Ponomarev wrote:

On 05/22, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
> > It has been a while since I tried Karl's patch the last time, and I
> > stopped because it didn't apply to -current anymore at some point.
> > Will what is provided right now in the patch work on -current?
>
> I am mean yes, after s/vm_cnt.v_free_count/vm_free_count()/g
> I am don't know how to have two distinct patch (for stable and current) in one review.

I'm experiencing these issues sporadically as well, would you mind
to publish this patch for fresh current?

Week ago I am adopt and publish patch to fresh current and stable, is
adopt need again?

I applied the patch in the review yesterday to rev 333966, it applied OK (with some fuzz). I will try to reproduce my issue with the patch.

Some thoughts I had after looking a little bit at the output of top... half of the RAM of my machine is in use, the other half is listed as free. Swap gets used while there is plenty of free RAM. I have NUMA in my kernel (it's 2 socket Xeon system). I don't see any NUMA specific code in the diff (and I don't expect something there), but could it be that some NUMA related behavior comes into play here too? Does it make sense to try without NUMA in the kernel?

Bye,
Alexander.
--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF