Michael,

Good to know you still have plans to work on that eventually. It'd be much appreciated.

Looking at the source for your cyapa driver, I see you've ported it from the DragonFlyBSD driver (and they in turn adapted it from the Linux one). I should've looked into that earlier... Instead I spent most of my day trying to get OpenBSD running to try and follow Tom's hint at possible support there, but I had so many more issues along the way that in the end I figured "if I'm having trouble even getting a keyboard to work on this with my system, a touchpad will likely be the least of my worries."

So, I'm back to my FreeBSD CURRENT install, still no touchpad support (obviously). I guess I'll be doing some more research on these things and tinkering with what I find. Unfortunately, I'm moving overseas in a couple of weeks and leaving my desktop behind, which means I need to have this laptop in full working condition by then, so if I don't make any progress, I'll have to somewhat reluctantly go back to Linux for the time being. If/when that happens, I'll still be happy to help with any testing.

MfG,

- Albert