On 6/14/2018 11:03 AM, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> I am not sure about only microcode update.  Depending on the BIOS
> vendor and current BIOS, you may need all three: BIOS update, microcode
> update using cpucontrol/devcpu-data, and running the script I posted.
> In the best case, some of this is just redundand.

OK, before and after shows the same microcode rev

CPU: AMD EPYC 7281 16-Core Processor                 (2100.06-MHz
K8-class CPU)
  Origin="AuthenticAMD"  Id=0x800f12  Family=0x17  Model=0x1  Stepping=2

Features=0x178bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT>

Features2=0x7ed8320b<SSE3,PCLMULQDQ,MON,SSSE3,FMA,CX16,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,AESNI,XSAVE,OSXSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND>
  AMD Features=0x2e500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,FFXSR,Page1GB,RDTSCP,LM>
  AMD
Features2=0x35c233ff<LAHF,CMP,SVM,ExtAPIC,CR8,ABM,SSE4A,MAS,Prefetch,OSVW,SKINIT,WDT,TCE,Topology,PCXC,PNXC,DBE,PL2I,MWAITX>
  Structured Extended
Features=0x209c01a9<FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,CLFLUSHOPT,SHA>
  XSAVE Features=0xf<XSAVEOPT,XSAVEC,XINUSE,XSAVES>
  AMD Extended Feature Extensions ID EBX=0x1007<CLZERO,IRPerf,XSaveErPtr>
  SVM: NP,NRIP,VClean,AFlush,DAssist,NAsids=32768
  TSC: P-state invariant, performance statistics

 # x86info -a | grep -i micro
Microcode patch level: 0x8001227
 #

I then ran the fix script.  I will let the box grind away over the
weekend to see if it survives. Previously, a couple of hours would lock
it up. I am running it now.  One thing I did notice is a bunch of these
showing up

Jun 14 17:11:18 r11epyc kernel: fpudna: fpcurthread == curthread

        ---Mike