On 2018-07-05 16:30, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
Hi,

while I can boot memstick images just fine (which are created using
makefs/mkimg), doing the same thing using gpart/newfs_msdos -F 12/.. I
am not able to get anything that boots.

What is the size for the fat12 partition ? Everything over ~30MB will fail.
 Go to fat16/fat32 with a size of 150MB just to be sure.

On a Thinkpad (secure boot is off) from the “boot device chooser from
‘BIOS’” I get a quick blank screen and am back at the chooser.  I’ve
tried the gpart “thinkpad hack” as well as trying an MBR (why that
should work I don’t know but the memstick one does) and GPT options of
various kinds.

Anyone successfully done this lately?

/bz