On 07/12/2018 21:15, Yuri wrote:
On 07/12/18 13:38, Pete Wright wrote:

sorry if i missed something (don't see details in the bug report) - is the issue that the run(4) kernel module is not being loaded? is there an error when the system attempts to load the kernel module in the dmesg buffer?  if it is not being loaded automagically what happens when you manually load the module via "kldload" or by updating rc.conf?

No errors while the kernel module is loaded. The problem is that when the card is inserted wlan0 isn't automatically created. It also isn't created during boot with the card in. I think that there were some changes in devd that caused this regression.

interesting, i ran into an issue with a kernel/world i updated to on thursday where my USB mouse was non-functional and i suspect something funky happened with devd as well.  one suggestion i heard was to enable devmatch which i haven't had a chance to test yet. throwing it out there as it may help you.

cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright