> SUBSCRIBE [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you're receiving this message, it's because you just sent a
"subscribe" message erroneously to one of our mailing lists, resulting
in thousands (and, in some cases, tens of thousands) of people seeing
a "subscribe me" message in their mailboxes when they have absolutely
nothing to do with the process of adding users like yourself to our
mailing lists.  This is a poor introduction, at best, and what we
really suggest to people is that they read our mailing list FAQ at:

        http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

Paying particular attention to section 27.1.2: "How to subscribe."

You should also be very sure to read section 27.1.3 as well, the
mailing list charters.  These describe very precisely just how each
mailing list may be used and the range of topics allowed for each one.
This will help you from making the SECOND most common new user mistake
which is to post messages on subject A incorrectly to a mailing list
devoted exclusively to the discussion of subject B.

The FreeBSD mailing lists have gotten simply huge, with discussion
traffic often exceeding 500,000 messages a week, and your cooperation
is greatly appreciated in trying to keep the "noise level" down to
manageable proportions so that those actually involved in project
development, as well as the users of the project, can remain
active members of the mailing lists.

Thank you.

                                        Jordan