On 8/14/18 8:45 PM, Kyle Evans wrote:
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 10:41 PM, Pete Wright <p...@nomadlogic.org> wrote:
On 8/14/18 6:13 PM, Kyle Evans wrote:
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Pete Wright <p...@nomadlogic.org> wrote:
i also attempted to boot using UEFI but the system hangs very early in
the
boot process.  i have reverted to legacy mode for now so that i can work,
but am keen to test out any patches or do any other debugging that is
needed.
Hi Pete,

Where in the process does it hang with UEFI? I can't help much with
any of your other problems, but I am curious about this one. =)
sure thing - the last several lines are:

random: fast provider: "Intel Secure Key RNG"
kbd1 at kbdmux0
netmap: loaded module
nexus0

at this point it hangs.  let me know if you want me to try booting with
verbose output to dmesg or something.

Are you running GENERIC, or custom config? Any modules loaded?

this is a GENERIC kernel using ZFS as well as GELI full disk encryption.

I'm curious if you've been bitten somehow by recently enabling EFIRT
in GENERIC. Can you try setting efi.rt.disabled=1 at loader prompt and
see where that gets you?

i did attempt to set that in loader.conf - and it progressed farther but kernel panic'd when trying to bring up my iwn wireless interface.

i'm building an older version in an attempt to bisect this issue (i have a skylake system running a checkout from monday without issues, so testing that now).  if i am still running into problems i'll boot with efi.rt.disabled=1 and will post the gdb panic string here.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
p...@nomadlogic.org