El día Monday, September 24, 2018 a las 09:01:34PM +0200, Michael Gmelin
escribió:

> >> On 24/09/2018 13:21, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> >> Re/ i915kms, I have to load it with kldload by hand. If I load it via
> >> loader.conf, the cyapa devices (both) say 'Unable to bring the device
> >> out of bootstrap'.
> >
> > That's probably because you use device hints to configure cyapa, but i2c bus
> > numbers are different depending on whether the kms driver is loaded or not
> > (because it also creates i2c buses).
> >
> > Try to remove the hints and to use chromebook_platform(4) instead.

Thanks, I will test

chromebook_platform_load="YES"

> Also, I think the preferred way to load i915kms is to use kld_list (might be
> unrelated, but still).
>
> pkg install drm-next-kmod
> sysrc kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"

Thanks too. On my laptop in production I do use a handmade script
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/loadi915kms to load the module at late time.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  📱
+49-176-38902045