From: Alexey Dokuchaev
Sent: 20/12/2018 06:40
To: Eugene M. Zheganin
Cc: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: The future of ZFS in FreeBSD

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 03:49:38PM +0500, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
> On 19.12.2018 23:32, Allan Jude wrote:
> > The biggest thing to remember is that this is still OpenZFS, and still
> > run by the same developers as it has been. We are just commonizing on
> > the repo that has the most features integrated into it.
>
> Does it mean that ZoF and thus FreeBSD will lose NFSv4 ACLs because
> there is no such thing in ZoL?

+1.  I'm also worried if this would bring more Linuxish bits into our
kernel (cf. LinuxKPI).  Also, I thought that ZFS was never really native
to Linux but implemented through SPL (Solaris Porting Layer), and Linux'
VFS is not ARC-aware unlike Solaris and FreeBSD.

It would be quite upsetting to see ZFS as we know it in FreeBSD become
pessimized because of those things. :-(

./danfe