In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> FUJISHIMA Satsuki writes:
: Please take a look into ports/18489.
: Workaround for i386 has been committed at 14th May but not for Alpha.
: I think you are on the Alpha plathome, or your ports tree is weirdly
: out of date.

Everything is up to date.  The kernel, my ports tree, userland.  I
still get this problem after updating to today's kernel/userland.
Yes, ldconfig has been branded.  ld.so has been branded.  acroread
(the binary that acroread4 runs, verified).  I've enabled linux in the
boot script (and verified that it runs).

Any ideas about how I should go about debugging this?  I need my
acroread4 :-).

Warner