On 10/20/19 3:42 AM, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
This is a patch to a file used in the port itself, not to the kernel
sources under /usr/src/sys. This should be pretty clear from this line in the referenced link to the posting in freebsd-current: # cat files/patch-linuxkpi_gplv2_src_linux__page.c In other words, the patch must be put in the files directory in the port itself.

Gary, THANKS VERY MUCH! My problem is not yet solved, but I now see what a patch involves, and can repeat the procedure.  It make sense now. The ports are really shell directories anyway, with just a makefile & some description files. And you gave me the filename I  needed to copy to a thumbdrive, move it to the other computer and copy it to the ~/drm-kmod directory.

This is what I have now, after successfully installing (making) the drm-kmod port, writing kld-list="amdgpu" in /etc/rc.conf, and with or without the /boot/loader line hw.syscons.disable=1, it will reboot , so I installed xorg, rebooted and tried to run startx. It gives:

panic: vm_page_assert_busied: page (long##'s) not exculsive busy @ /usr/src/sys/vm/vmpage.c

etc...

Anyway, I have not wasted my time, and hopefully not anyone else's either, because I learned something useful. Thanks,

Clay