On 2019-10-21 11:08, Yuri Pankov wrote:
Niclas Zeising wrote:
On 2019-10-20 08:45, Yuri Pankov wrote:
On 10/18/2019 8:01 AM, Xin Li wrote:
Another (semi-fixed!) data point -- I can confirm that with if
(vm_page_sleep_if_busy(page, "linuxkpi"))
  -> if (!vm_page_busy_acquire(page, VM_ALLOC_WAITFAIL)) change and
mjg@'s earlier patch at
https://people.freebsd.org/~mjg/pmap-fict-invl.diff (please commit it) ,
the latest drm-v5.0 branch of drm-current-kmod worked just fine with
Intel HD Graphics P630 on Lenovo P51.

Confirmed that it worked for me too on P51.

Sorry for offtopic, but do you see the console getting "stuck" after loading i915kms, i.e. for input to show you need to switch to another console and back?

This is a known regression with drm-devel-kmod, and one of the reasons it hasn't made it past devel yet.

Got it, thanks.  I'm only seeing it on the lenovo laptop with hd630 and not on the intel nuc with iris plus 650 graphics, so I thought it's that laptop specific.

It is a strange error. I'm seeing it on my laptop (an x270) but only on the internal screen. If I connect an external screen using HDMI that screen works, but still not the internal screen. Others aren't having this issue at all.

https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kms-drm/issues/151 has some more (not very much more) info.

Regards
--
Niclas