On 2020-04-13 14:59, Pete Wright wrote:
On 4/12/20 12:26 PM, Eric McCorkle wrote:
All,

Given how Zoom is getting used a lot more these days, I've started
working on a port that installs the Zoom linux client.

Here is a link to my github if anyone wants to help:

https://github.com/emc2/freebsd-ports/tree/zoom

I'm not done yet.  The zoom linux client installs a bunch of Qt
libraries in its own directory. These either need to be installed with a port, or else the right configs need to be set to search for libraries
there.

I'm going to take a break, but I'm going to circle back to this.

Thanks Eric, I remember trying to get this working several months ago
via the linux compatibility layer and got stuck.  i hope to take
another wack at it based on your repository.  in my ideal world i'd be
able to get this working in a jail via, but i think just getting the
bits to work is probably the most important task.

i've had working solutions based on jitsi and riot.im with acceptable
performance, so i suspect our webcamd bits are in good enough shape to
support this.  interested to see how how this effort progresses :)

-pete

A few things - using "latest" for the distfile isn't going to work, as soon as they update the file it will break the port.

Also they ship a whole bunch of libraries without any licenses. For sure there is Apache and BSD code in there. I guess somebody could write Boston to the the GPL licenses, but the other libraries are totally a no-go without licenses.

Are they using the "commerical" version of Qt? Or maybe they just got liberal with it like they did the other stuff? I think the commercial version is different than normal people have, if not now then soon.

--
Waitman Gobble