On 9 May 2020, at 05:10, Robert Huff <roberth...@rcn.com> wrote:

> Chris writes:
>>>     "make buildowrld" fails with:
> In file included from
> /usr/src/contrib/llvm-project/clang/lib/Basic/SourceManager.cpp:1228:
> In file included from /usr/include/emmintrin.h:13:
> /usr/include/xmmintrin.h:27:10: fatal error: 'mm_malloc.h' file not found
> #include <mm_malloc.h>
>         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 1 error generated.
> *** Error code 1

During which stage of buildworld is this? If it is during the
cross-tools stage, your host environment is busted somehow.

This appears to happen to some people on this list, for unknown reasons.
My guess is they either run "make delete-old" before running buildworld
(which is the wrong order!), or have done an earlier buildworld where
they explicitly disabled clang, so the intrinsics headers never get
installed.

-Dimitry