On Fri, 29 May 2020 16:37:03 +0200, marco <freebsd...@lordsith.net> wrote:

I'm on -CURRENT (r361307) and using base ZFS.
I imported a zpool that was created on SmartOS with some unsupported
feature flags so had to import it read-only.

What was the exact command you used to import the pool?

Regards,
Ronald.

 [~] zpool get all backup
NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE backup size 1.36T - backup capacity 9% - backup altroot - default backup health ONLINE - backup guid 11841096011823395086 default backup version - default backup bootfs - default backup delegation on default backup autoreplace off default backup cachefile - default backup failmode wait default backup listsnapshots off default backup autoexpand off default backup dedupditto 0 default backup dedupratio 1.00x - backup free 1.24T - backup allocated 126G - backup readonly on - backup comment - default backup expandsize - - backup freeing 0 default backup fragmentation 0% - backup leaked 0 default backup bootsize - default backup checkpoint - - backup multihost off default backup feature@async_destroy enabled local backup feature@empty_bpobj active local backup feature@lz4_compress active local backup feature@multi_vdev_crash_dump enabled local backup feature@spacemap_histogram active local backup feature@enabled_txg active local backup feature@hole_birth active local backup feature@extensible_dataset active local backup feature@embedded_data active local backup feature@bookmarks enabled local backup feature@filesystem_limits enabled local backup feature@large_blocks enabled local backup feature@large_dnode enabled local backup feature@sha512 enabled local backup feature@skein enabled local backup feature@device_removal enabled local backup feature@obsolete_counts enabled local backup feature@zpool_checkpoint enabled local backup feature@spacemap_v2 active local backup feature@allocation_classes enabled local backup unsupported@com.datto:bookmark_v2 inactive local backup unsupported@org.illumos:edonr inactive local backup unsupported@com.datto:encryption inactive local backup unsupported@com.datto:resilver_defer inactive local backup unsupported@org.zfsonlinux:userobj_accounting readonly local backup unsupported@org.zfsonlinux:project_quota readonly local backup unsupported@com.delphix:log_spacemap readonly local

Whenever I reboot that zpool is no longer imported.

I've checked /boot/defaults/loader.conf, /etc/defaults/rc.conf but haven't seen any keys that I need to make the imported pool persistent. I've read something on the cachefile=path setting in zpool(8) but as one can see it's set to default
I guess I must've overlooked something but haven't found it so far.

thanks