On 9/1/20 2:13 PM, Ryan Moeller wrote:

On 9/1/20 1:32 PM, Thomas Laus wrote:
Group:

Whenever I perform a major upgrade to any of my ZFS pools, I make a
habit of sending the most recent snapshot to a file and then to a DLT
tape or DVD.  I run the zstreamdump utility on the file and record the
checksum.  I also run zstreamdump on the archive media and compare
checksums.  With the recent ZFS upgrade in CURRENT, I could not locate
this utility.  With a major upgrade such as this, I was really concerned
about not being able to boot and loosing everything on a production
system.  Fortunately this upgrade went smoothly and I did not have to
restore from alternate media.  The next time, I may not be lucky.

Tom

zstreamdump is supposed to be a script wrapper around a new, more general, command: zstream

#!/bin/sh

zstream dump "$@"

It doesn't appear to be installing itself properly, though. I'll have to look into that.

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/365057

-Ryan