The documentation for HAST assumes that the disks being used are of identical size. In the real world, this rarely happens. How are disks of different sizes handled? In my case, on drive is about 1TB and one is about 500GB.

Is it possible to run HAST on a partition? All the examles show it running on the raw device (/dev/da0, for example).

I guess if the answer to the second question is "yes, you can run HAST on a partition", then it also answers my first question.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong list. freebsd-cluster seems to be dormant except for spam.