Quoting Jens Schweikhardt <schwe...@schweikhardt.net> (from Mon, 14 Dec 2020 14:15:05 +0100 (CET)):

Alexander,

it would seem that

find /usr/local/*bin* /usr/local/lib* -type f \
| xargs ldd -f '%p|%A\n' 2>/dev/null \
| grep '^not found' | cut -d '|' -f2 \
| xargs pkg which -q | sort -u

is prone to false positives, since ldd is sensitive to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, viz.:

Yes. Firefox, LibreOffice/OpenOffice come to my mind directly. There may be others. I expect those to be rare (compared to the size of the ports collection), but if you encounter some false positives, it's probably a big package. Either way, "locate $missing_lib" is a good idea here.

[...]
So make sure you look into what exact library is missing and if
it's actually somewhere "non-standard",
that directory should be in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Temporary for the run of this check, yes.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF