On 13/03/21 20:17, Hartmann, O. wrote:
Since I moved on to 14-CURRENT, I face a very strange behaviour when trying to
set
options via "make config" or via poudriere accordingly. I always get "===>
unchanged" (when options has been already set and I'd expect a dialog menu).
This misbehaviour is throughout ALL 14-CURRENT systems (the oldest is at FreeBSD
14.0-CURRENT #49 main-n245422-cecfaf9bede9: Fri Mar 12 16:08:09 CET 2021 amd64).

I do not see such a behaviour with 13-STABLE, 12-STABLE, 12.2-RELENG.

How to fix this? What happened?

I encountered something similar, some base shared library has changed, guess this is related with the ncurses changes in base.

If I remember correctly force reinstalling dialog4ports package fixed it. Make sure you reinstall a freshly rebuilt one.

Most probably anything using ncurses will require rebuild/reinstall.

The cause is dialog4ports failing to start and the system sees no option changed.

If that's not enough try

# ldd -v /usr/local/bin/dialog4ports

And see if it reports some useful information.

--
Guido Falsi <m...@madpilot.net>