I have the following network:

A (FreeBSD-CURRENT) - ethernet - B (Linux) - ppp - Internet

I have enabled IP Masq. in 'B' and set it as the default gateway
for A, issuing the command below:

[A] $ ifconfig add default

When the Internet connection is alive everything is ok. When no
Internet connection exists I cannot make local telnets/ftps from
FreeBSD to Linux, using hostnames instead of raw IP addresses. It seems
that A (FreeBSD) tries to locate the nameservers specified in

My /etc/hosts:     B     A

My /etc/host.conf:

Any hints?

Elias Athanasopoulos     | I bet the human brain is |   H.E.P & Apps. Lab.
http://www.uoa.gr/~eatha | a kludge. -Marvin Minsky | University Of Athens