Hello,

TL;DR: this is not a proposal to deorbit csh from base!!!

For years now, csh is the default root shell for FreeBSD, csh can be confusing
as a default shell for many as all other unix like settled on a bourne shell
compatible interactive shell: zsh, bash, or variant of ksh.

Recently our sh(1) has receive update to make it more user friendly in
interactive mode:
* command completion (thanks pstef@)
* improvement in the emacs mode, to make it behave by default like other shells
* improvement in the vi mode (in particular the vi edit to respect $EDITOR)
* support for history as described by POSIX.

This makes it a usable shell by default, which is why I would like to propose to
make it the default shell for root starting FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE (not MFCed)

If no strong arguments has been raised until October 15th, I will make this
proposal happen.

Again just in case: THIS IS NOT A PROPOSAL TO REMOVE CSH FROM BASE!

Best regards,
Baptiste