Hello,

Following up on the proposal which happened last month, /bin/sh is now the
default shell for the root user.

As claimed during that proposal, I have so far no intention to change anything
more: I won't remove or modify the 'toor' user, neither modify the root gecos.

By popular demand on the thread about the proposal the following bindings have
been set by default:

navigation through history "ala" csh via the up and down arrow
navigation on the command line via ctrl+arrow (left/right) jumps from words to
words
An alias on fc -l named "history", so the history command to exist.

etcupdate will silently switch to sh(1) the first time, for people who wants to
keep root on csh, they will have to run:
 $ chsh -s csh

The next upgrade will keep that setting

Best regards,
Bapt