> It seems that the last changes to the ahc drivers (committed on the
> 18th) are causing my system to lock up. I'd check the aic7890 specific

I just upgraded my system to the latest -current today, from a long
hiatus... last time I did a world was July 3rd.

I can no longer boot the system.  I was beginning to sort through the boot
floppies, to figure out when the changes were made that sunk me.  Thanks for
saving me the trouble.  :)

I'm booting off the onboard AIC7895 on a Tyan Thunder/100.  I get the same
error you do initially, followed by many, many SCSI bus resets, errors about
lost devices, SCBs aborted, and the like.  After a period, the system
panics... not about being unable to mount the root fs like I expected, but
about 'page fault in kernel mode' or something similar.

(da0:ahc0:0:0:0): SCB 0x9 - timed out in Command phase, SEQADDR == 0xa0
(da0:ahc0:0:0:0): BDR message in message buffer
(da0:ahc0:0:0:0): SCB 0x9 - timed out in Command phase, SEQADDR == 0x9f
(da0:ahc0:0:0:0): no longer in timeout, status = 34b
ahc0: Issued Channel A Bus Reset. 4 SCBs aborted

etc...

Finally it ends with 'Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode'
fault virtual address = 0x3c
fault code = supervisor write, page not present

The machine locks up hard at that, needing a power cycle.  The SCSI activity
light blazes.

Sorry I can't cut'n'paste the errors to be more useful, I don't have a serial
console.  I'm copying them by hand as best I can (I'd appreciate being told
a better method... :) )

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca/