Quoting David Wolfskill <da...@catwhisker.org> (from Wed, 21 Sep 2022 03:25:52 -0700):

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 11:27:06AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
make DESTDIR=${BASEDIR} -DBATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES delete-old delete-old-libs

Usually I replace the delete-old-libs with check-old, as I don't want
to blindly delete them (some ports may depend on them... at least for
the few libs which don't have symbol versioning).

A way to address that issue that may work for you is to install
appropriate misc/compat* ports/packages.

I'm running exclusively on -current. In the cases where this happens, there are no compat packages yet. And I rather update the ports than to install a compat package. It doesn't hurt me to keep the libs during the pkg rebuild.

In the generic case I prefer to stay safe and keep the libs until I validated that nothing uses them anymore. That's the reason why I made the delete-old-libs functionality separate from delete-old already in the initial implementation.

Bye,
Alexander.
--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF