On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 02:15:29PM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:

Indeed, looking at usr.sbin/bhyve/uart_emul.c it looks like FCR_XMT_RST is
not emulated.  This is different from Firecracker, which doesn't emulate
either anything from the FCR and where I was seeing the receive side not
being flushed, but I'm glad my warning was able to flag a bug. :-)

If "void" is comfortable with kernel hacking, it would be great to confirm
that the warning is indeed coming from the transmit side not being flushed;
a printf("drain = %d\n", drain); would be sufficient.

And yes, only emitting this warning once per device (or once per boot?)
would probably be good.

I'm happy to do some kernel hacking with this vm. Tell me what I need to
do.

Thanks,