On 2022-11-07 07:21, louis.free...@xs4all.nl wrote:
As the title is allready tells, I try to compile and install a NVIDIA driver for
my 960 video card.

So I downloaded the driver from the NVIDIA site and tried to compile. That … does not work

Below the messages I get. It seems that the makefile expects bsd.sysdir.mk, which
is not there

(I verified)

How to fix this!?

Below the error messages.

Louis

make[2]: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.sysdir.mk" line 15: Unable to locate the kernel source
tree. Set SYSDIR to override.

This message is trying to tell you that there is nothing in your /usr/src
It needs (at least) headers from the version of source of the system you're running.

HTH

--chris

make: stopped in /usr/myshare/NV_driver/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-515.76

[root@mysys /usr/myshare/NV_driver/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-515.76]#