Quoting Mark Millard <mark...@yahoo.com> (from Wed, 9 Nov 2022 12:10:18 -0800):

On Nov 9, 2022, at 11:58, Alexander Leidinger <alexan...@leidinger.net> wrote:

Quoting "Patrick M. Hausen" <p...@hausen.com> (from Wed, 9 Nov 2022 20:49:37 +0100):

Hi,

Am 09.11.2022 um 20:45 schrieb Alexander Leidinger <alexan...@leidinger.net>: But "zpool set feature@edonr=enabled rpool" (or any other feature not in the list we talk about) would render it unbootable.

Sorry, just to be sure. So an active change of e.g. checksum or compression algorithm might render the system unbootable but a zpool upgrade never will? At least not intentionally? ;-)

If you mean "zpool upgrade", then no (modulo bugs). OpenZFS uses the feature flags instead of zpool upgrade.

I'm confused by that answer:

See my correction in another mail, the behavior seems to have changed and yes, doing a zpool upgrade on a boot pool should not be done.

Maybe someone wants to check or add provisions to not do that on a pool which has the bootfs property set.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF