W dniu 29.12.2022 o 02:58, Damjan Jovanovic pisze:

On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 4:21 PM Dan Mack <m...@macktronics.com> wrote:

    I'm wondering if anyone can help point me at a good way to
    continously
    capture every inbound and outbound connection made to a freebsd
    system.
    I'd prefer a way that is native in base if possible.   I don't
    really want
    to record all the packets, just the src:dest:rport:dport stats.

    Happy to RTFM as well,

    Dan

Another possibility is to enable Netflow in ipfw (there is an ipfw_netflow service), which submits periodic reports of all connections made and their data usage, and then collect and process the Netflow data using a Netflow server.

Or develop a custom Netgraph service that examines packets and logs connections. This would even work in the absence of any firewall.

Such a node exists: ng_netflow(4) and works flawlessly.

--
Marek Zarychta