Kazutaka YOKOTA wrote:

> I find quite hard to believe this was caused by recent syscons
> changes.  Because these changes are about /dev/random thingie and
> color attribute handling in terminal emulator part of syscons. They
> have nothing to do with keyboard and mouse input.
>
> I am suspecting there may be something in tty interrupt handling in
> general in the kernel...

This sounds right.  When I use X without /dev/sysmouse and moused,
mouse motion is still pretty smooth.  It's only when I use X with
moused AND /dev/sysmouse that I see the jumpy mouse syndrome.  This
would be due to the fact that (AFAIK) moused relies on tty interrupt
handling more so than the raw mouse driver without moused (/dev/mse0).

--
- Donn