Quoting Mark Millard <mark...@yahoo.com> (from Wed, 12 Apr 2023 22:28:13 -0700):

A fair number of errors are of the form: the build
installing a previously built package for use in the
builder but later the builder can not find some file
from the package's installation.

As a data point, last year I had such issues with one particular package. It was consistent no matter how often I was updating the ports tree. Poudriere always failed on port X which was depending on port Y (don't remember the names). The problem was, that port Y was build successfully but an extract of it was not having a file it was supposed to have. IIRC I fixed the issue by building the port Y manually, as re-building port Y with poudriere didn't change the outcome.

So it seems this may not be specific to the most recent ZFS version, but could be an older issue. It may be the case that the more recent ZFS version amplifies the problem. It can also be that it is related to a specific use case in poudriere.

I remember a recent mail which talks about poudriere failing to copy files in resource-limited environments, see https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/dev-commits-src-all/2023-April/025153.html While the issue you are trying to pin-point may not be related to this discussion, I mention it because it smells to me like we could be in a situation where a similar combination of unrelated to each other FreeBSD features could form a combination which triggers the issue at hand.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF