On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 09:11:52 +0200 (CEST), Leif Neland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Sounds like you're using the wrong version of Berkeley DB (i.e., not
> the one in libc).  Can't fathom how this could override the internal
> linkage in libc, though.

There seems indeed to be a confusion of the .db's:
/etc/mail/aliases.db: MS Windows COFF Unknown CPU
/etc/pwd.db: Berkeley DB Hash file (Version 2, Little Endian, Bucket Size 4096, Bucket
Shift 12, Directory Size 256, Segment Size 256, Segment Shift 8, Overflow Point 3,
Last Freed 2, Max Bucket 7, High Mask 0xf, Low Mask 0x7, Fill Factor 32, Number of
Keys 52)

Sendmail compiles with -DNEWDB

I had db 2.something installed from the ports. I uninstalled it, it made
no difference.

Leif