On 13 Aug 2023, at 9:25, Juraj Lutter wrote:

>> On 13 Aug 2023, at 14:42, Juraj Lutter <o...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> On 13 Aug 2023, at 00:17, Mike Karels <m...@karels.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 12 Aug 2023, at 15:32, Juraj Lutter wrote:
>>>
>>> Did the buildworld start out by building a cross-compiler?
>>>
>>> Have you tried without meta mode?  With a clean objdir, I don't see how
>>> it would matter, but I'm not sure I've tried it.
>>>
>>> The ALPHA1 builds seem to have worked, but I think they run on arm64.
>>>

>> See here: https://files.wilbury.net/s/bJKKB5Kbta6DNqB for the full log.
>>
>> As I read it, lib32 is being built before crosscompiler. Is lib32 supposed
>> to be built on aarch64?

lib32 is not built until stage 4.3.1, after build and cross tools.  I tested
a build just now on amd64 with empty /usr/obj, and it worked (make -j$NCU
buildworld TARGET=arm64 TARGET_ARCH=aarch64).  However, the host was
approximately at the level of ALPHA1, and the first lines of the output
showed that a cross-compiler was not needed.  However, my earlier builds
that required a cross-compiler worked fine.

Yes, lib32 is supposed to be built on aarch64 as of a few weeks ago.

> So it seems that “native-xtools” and associated targets are not being built.
> If I do “make TARGET=arm64 TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 native-xtools”, cross tools are
> being built and lib32 is built, in turn, also.

I don't see native-xtools built either. but the build worked.

Have you checked src.conf?

                Mike