Hi Alexander,

as 15107 is a prerequisite for 15122,
would it be possible to have https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/15107 merged into the OpenZFS zfs-2.2-release branch (and of course later 15122)?

If the patches help I can cherry-pick them into main.

Cheers,
mm

Alexander Motin <m...@freebsd.org> wrote:

On 17.08.2023 15:41, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
Alexander Motin <m...@freebsd.org> writes:
Trying to run your test (so far without reproduction) I see it
producing a substantial amount of ZIL writes.  The range of commits
you reduced the scope to so far includes my ZIL locking refactoring,
where I know for sure are some deadlocks.  I am already waiting for 3
weeks now for reviews and tests for PR that should fix it:
https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/15122 .  It would be good if you
could test it, though it seems to depend on few more earlier patches
not merged to FreeBSD yet.

Do you have a FreeBSD branch with your patch applied?

I don't have a FreeBSD branch, but these two patches apply clean and build on top of today's FreeBSD main branch:

https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/15107
https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/15122

And if you still experience the issue, please show all stacks, or at least include ZFS sync threads.

--
Alexander Motin