On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 07:26:10AM -0500, Mike Karels wrote:
> >> It would be so nice that we can have a sysctl tunnable for this patch
> >> so we could do more tests without recompiling kernel.
> > Thanks for testing!
> >
> > @gallatin: can you come up with a patch that is acceptable for Netflix
> > and allows to mitigate the performance regression.
>
> Ideally, tcphpts could enable this automatically when it starts to be
> used (enough?), but a sysctl could select auto/on/off.
>
>               Mike

Or (at some risk of over-{complicat,engineer}ing things), perhaps
sysctl/tunable for high- and low-water marks?

Peace,
david   (who is quite unlikely to be writing the code, so "grain of salt")
--
David H. Wolfskill                              da...@catwhisker.org
Alexey Navalny was a courageous man; Putin has made him a martyr.

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.