Garrett Wollman writes:
> > Somebody remind me again why we don't make memcmp(), memset(),
> > and memmove() available in the kernel?
> To keep the compiler from pessimizing them.

Sooo.. does this same problem exist in userland too? If not, why
not? If so, why don't we just fix the problem?

I.e. there seems to be something broken here, either in the compiler
or somewhere else... and perhaps we should fix that instead of
avoiding the issue?

Not trying to be annoying, just trying to understand..

Archie Cobbs   *   Whistle Communications, Inc.  *