On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:57:55 EST, Visigoth wrote:

>       -stable (world and kernel) built today seems to be causing the
> system to cold boot when attempting to mount floppy disk on 2 of my
> systems (held off on building the others) .

It's odd that you should send this STABLE-related report to the -current
mailing list. :-)

Evben odder is that I thought for a moment that you might be seeing what
I'm seeing in -current with spontaneous reboots.

Could you confirm that you're really talking about STABLE?  If not, I'll
post some datapoints about the spontaneous reboots in CURRENT. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.