I've built world and kernel yesterday, and was delighted to see the AIC7xxx
problems had gone away.  I actually got tripped up by having Linux emulation
enabled and forgetting to remove old modules, but that was fixed quick.

All-in-all, I'm not having a rough time at all with the new code.  My
machine has been up for 7.5 hours now without a hiccup.  I DID notice that
I can't load X without a hang, which I think is the same AGP problem someone
else mentioned.

The only other thing I've noticed is top telling me that the CPU is steady
at 50.0% system and 50.0% idle.  The box is completely quiescent, except for
me ssh'd in and running top.  vmstat says sy=50 and id=50 as well.  If I
start a CPU-chewing process (sh -c 'while true; do true; done') the resultant
CPU usage in %user seems to come from %system.

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca/